The French in the news
* HOT OFF THE PRESS! "On a Maine Windjammer, feasts of food, scenery, and conversation" – Washington Post
To learn more about our Birding by Sail cruise read our feature length article in Birdwatching Daily: "Seabirds by Sail" – Birdwatching Daily
* We were featured in theProvidence Journal Travel section in March of 2014!
* Read about us in theChicago Tribune!
* Professional birding guide Derek Lovitch sailed with us again on our July six-day birding trip and shared his experience in his blogField Notes. He'll be back with us next year for our Birding by Schooner Cruise!
* You can read out the Great Schooner Race at Fromaway.com, a fun blog about cooking and eating in Maine
* The word is even out down in Georgia. Travel writer Christine Tibbets wrote about her 2010 trip with us in the Tifton Gazette.
* Writer Ben McCanna posted stories for Downeast Magazine about his experiences sailing on the schooners in 2008. Click here to read about his week on the Lewis R. French and the Great Schooner Race.
* Writer Lucas Blaise wrote a nice story in the Press-Republican in New York.Click here to read about his experiences in August 2007 on the French.
* Travel/Adventure reporter Jennifer Merin sailed with us twice in 2005.Click here to read her story from the Chicago Daily Herald website.
* Freelance Writer Rita Cook sailed in 2004. Click here to read her story about a getaway on the French.
* Photographer Fred LeBlanc shot some incredible video from the Great Schooner Race.Click here to go to his website and see some of the best sailing shots of all the Windjammers that we've ever seen.
* The Outdoor Channel shot a full show about a trip on the French. The show is called Windjamming in Maine and aired during the winter of 2006.
The Outdoor Channel footage was reedited into a short video travel piece for the video travel magazine Out To Find.Check it out.
banner photo: Fred LeBlanc